NavCoin v4.2.0 Release Notes¶
Introduces two new Soft Forks:¶
Community Fund - Accumulation of coins, signaled by version bit 7:¶
- Reduction of the staking rewards to 4%.
- Inclusion of an additional output in the Coinstake transaction contributing 0.25NAV to the Community Fund
- Consensus validation of the previous rule.
- Uses a separate DB on disk to store data about the Community Fund, increasing performance.
NTP Sync - Signaled by version bit number 8 of staked blocks:¶
- Requires mandatory clock sync against a NTP server for every node on launch.
- New consensus rule where no blocks in the past can exist, and maximal drift in the future for a block is 60 seconds.
- Peers whose clock drifts more than 30 seconds are disconnected.
- Clock change attempts are automatically readjusted.
- New log category “ntp”.
- New multi argument -ntpserver= to allow user to manually specify servers.
- New argument -ntpminmeasures= to allow user to specify the req. min. of measures.
- New argument -ntptimeout= to allow user to specify how many seconds should we wait for the response of a ntp server.
- New argument -maxtimeoffset= to set the max tolerated clock drift for peers.
An additional network “devnet” is added.¶
- Default p2p port: 18886
- Default rpc port: 44446
- Default datadir: OS_DATADIR/devnet
- Enabled through argument -devnet=1
Core Wallet GUI Fixes:¶
- Fixes wrong pixel density on HiDPI screens.
- Menu option to export private key of an address and master private key.
- Accepts URI to sign messages.
- URIs of the format navcoin:http://domain/something/?a=navcoin_address&m=some_message will make the wallet to sign “some_message” and return the produced signature as a POST request to the URL specified in the URI.
- Shows and categorizes correctly contributions to the Community Fund and payments received from it.
- Does not show Orphan Stakes on the Transaction List.
- Removes Community Fund voting popup.
- Ignores Coinstake Output when calculating the Witness Merkle Root, fixing a bug related to Segregated Witness transactions.
- Bans nodes with obsolete versions.
- Removes some recurring log messages.
- Updates the package version of some dependencies, solving compatibilities issues with some operating systems.
- Bundles some dependency libraries with the binaries.
- Updates the seed nodes.
- Fixes some of the test units.
- navcoin-tx tool has been updated to use navcoin’s own transaction structure